Tegan's not pressuring you to dance
- Tegan: This next song is off our last record, and it's a bit of a dance number. There's no pressure though. The last few nights I've been getting the audience to participate a little bit and dance, you know, thinking it would be like good family fun. And then I saw someone write on Instagram like, "I wish Tegan would stop peer pressuring us into dancing." And so I wanna say, tonight, if I, too, were in the audience, I would probably just do this *bops a little bit*
- So, you do you, you be the person you wanna be. Tegan and Sara's all about encouraging people to be the people that they are. *cheering* But apparently last night I didn't say that to the audience. I was like, "Ok, only the fun people dance." And so then, I think that people felt like I thought that cause you didn't dance you're not fun, and that's not true, probably. You're probably a really spectacular -
- Sara: Statistically, it's probably true.
- Tegan: Well, statistically, it might be true, but I shouldn't have put that label out there. I'm deeply sorry.
Sara 'control freak' Quin curates the shows
- Sara: I really enjoy making the playlists for out front, actually, like what people hear when they come in the venue, what they hear in between the opening bands. Um, I make those playlists, and make them with care. I spend a lot of time thinking about them -
- Tegan: She curates the evening.
- Sara: I really, really do. And sometimes I think I drive the people we work with crazy because the wrong playlist will come on all the time, and I'll know, and I'll hear it and be like, "No, this is supposed to be - this is the old country section and I don't understand why Patsy Cline isn't playing right now" and someone has to go and fix it.